Server performance issues: Dreamhost only?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jan 26 14:08:18 EST 2015

We've seen reports of serious performance issues with running LiveCode
Server 7.x on Dreamhost.

I'm working with Peter Brett at RunRev to try to resolve these, and
there's one detail that would be very useful to know:

While we see relatively minor speed differences on the desktop, running
LiveCode Serve on Dreamhost has resulted in requests taking as long as
several seconds, far beyond anything we can account for in the engine
itself.

Have any of you seen order-of-magnitude speed loss when running LiveCode
Server on any host other than Dreamhost?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems