Error playing MP3 on Linux as Videoclips

tbodine bodine at bodinetraininggames.com
Wed Jan 21 18:40:16 EST 2015

Richard Gaskin wrote
> I rarely have good results with multimedia playback in LC, even as all the
> other playback tools I
> use in Ubuntu perform marvelously, often handling more formats more
> gracefully than Mac's QuickTime

Agreed! I have to say multimedia playback has been quite disappointing in
LC. I've done multimedia work for 20 years on Windows and Mac, coming to LC
a couple years ago after giving up on Director and Flash. I am very pleased
with most aspects of LC, especially the outstanding field control. But
multimedia in LC is way behind other tools in both stability and utility. It
would be great to see multimedia support get updated to modern standards,
because so many apps these days depend on images and sound to make a strong
impression.

Will we see and hear that in 2015?

Tom Bodine