How to access a file on a remote computer

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Jan 18 19:50:48 EST 2015

I'm almost there.

The reason I'm looking into this is because I'm setting the filename of a
player control to the name of a mp3 file on a remote computer.

I thought I had it all working but the player control does not like
filenames with an ampersand in them.

I tried escaping the ampersand with a "\" character (that's what I see if I
drag the filename into a Terminal window) but still no joy.

Same problem with filenames including an apostrophe. I'm guessing there are
other characters that cause the same problem

Any ideas?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>