LiveCode Lullaby

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Sun Jan 11 00:59:03 EST 2015

I wanted to say, hope all friends, clients, and colleagues had a very
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I also noticed an unusual way to use keywords, so I made a poem to test
it. The script below does compile and run. Can you guess what it will
output?

on mouseUp

    -- livecode lullaby & syntax wrinkle
    -- by curryk a la twinkle, twinkle

    local local,
    global prop;
    put put and get and not stop

    put put and put after if;
    get get and get is in it

    put len(get) into go
    put live after with; get show

    put word go-1 of (mask \
    && code && script) into ask

    go card go; put then into if
    if if is then then ask ask with with

    -- (sing a little faster on the last line)

end mouseUp

Tested on LC 5.5 and 7.01 on Windows. The idea is to be somewhat
soothing, and confusing, but have a familiar ring to it for die hard
coders. Don't sing this while operating heavy machinery.

I hope 2015 is going well for all. I'll pop up again soon with updates
for FT and WordLib, and maybe a new project!

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
http://curryk.com/consulting/