How buggy is 7.0.1?

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jan 10 16:26:51 EST 2015

A rambling answer to your "Straw Poll" :

We have a desktop app that Andre built and continues to maintain,  which
we depend on heavily for communicating with a MySQL database on our web
server.  It's so much better than a web interface for accessing tables
etc. I have volunteers in several different countries that use this to
help with data entry to the web site. Runs on Mac or PC.

But in 7.0.1 the libURL, POST, Headers etc all seem to be giving us
(Andre) major troubles. I had to rescue the stack (save as legacy) and
now he's working with it in 6.6.1. And the issues with POST seem to have
gone away.

I really do have faith in LC, and I need to keep moving forward because
the upgrades to the field object will be very important for our work.
I'm not sure if Andre submitted a bug report...

Is anyone else successing POSTing large amts of data from a desktop app
in 7?  I'm talking about large JSON objects, MP3 files, Jpeg's etc. he's
tried to identify the problem to report it... not sure where that is at
the moment.

Also as someone else noted, the CEF browser is pretty buggy... I don't
have a recipe yet... because I don't have time to play around much.. .I
need to pick the path of least resistance to staying up and running...if
something doesn't work I typically move to path where I get the job done
and this means no more testing on the "broken path"... which, I realize,
is not very helpful.

As an aside: Yosemite has it's own issues, so the line between what we
see in LiveCode being an LC issue or a Mac OS X issue seems a bit blurry
at times... flickering progress bars etc. Again, I'm not in a good
position to qualify these issues...

All that said I have start up some new projects that are totally
desktop/local  in 7.0.1. and other than having to stay away from the CEF
browser, things are working. None of them use libURL...

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery
www.HimalayanAcademy.com