Commercial Licensing

Mark Wilcox mark at sorcery-ltd.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 10:46:14 EST 2015

You might want to look at the standard license terms Apple applies to
apps on the App Stores:
https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/appstore/dev/stdeula/
It covers most of what you're asking except it offers no warranty at
all, rather than a limited one. It also covers some things you might not
have thought of, while being relatively short as licenses go.

> In the UK, AFAIK, there is no particular reason not to simply sell as
> an individual, always provided one can limit one’s liability through a
> contract.
You can always disclaim liability in the license agreement but that
doesn't guarantee a court won't decide you're liable anyway. Depending
on the nature of the software you're selling and the risk of potential
liability you perceive you might want to either use a limited company or
get some product liability insurance. For most software I wouldn't be
bothered though.

Mark

Mark Wilcox mark at sorcery-ltd.co.uk