Project Browser vs App Browser (was "script scope variables inexplicably becoming unset")

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Jan 4 20:46:41 EST 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Once you've sold it, any open source license lets that person redistribute
> freely.

And that's the crux of the matter.  No password protection = no hidden
license key checking so I need a license that specifically prevents a user
from giving/selling the product to anyone else.

Perhaps an open source license is not what I'm looking for - maybe it's
just a standard EULA with all the usual caveats including the restriction
of not giving/selling it to anyone else.  I'd still have to rely on users'
honesty of course but it's really not that different from relying on a user
with a password protected version giving the software AND their license key
to someone else.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>