LiveCode 7.0.3: a new meme

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Feb 28 00:27:47 EST 2015

On 2/27/2015 9:35 PM, Paul Hibbert wrote:
> just on a hunch I decided to move all of my projects out of the 'My
> LiveCode' folder and put them into a 'LiveCode Projects' folder, that
> made a huge difference! so now the contents of the 'My LiveCode'
> folder is just the Plugins folder and a Preferences folder.

I believe LC retrieves the file contents of My LiveCode every time a
menu opens so it can update menu listings for user libraries, plugins
and other extensions. If there are a lot of files in there, it will take
some time. With the unicode additions to LC 7 I'm guessing it is taking
even longer than before and it is noticeable. The more files stored in
those folders, the longer the delay. It's best to store only LC add-ons
in there.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com