Open application when file double clicked

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 24 16:53:05 EST 2015

Peter Haworth wrote:
 > I also noticed that I can't drag/drop a file onto the app's window
 > but I think that's probably something to do with its plist entry.

For that you'll need to define the receiving area as a drobbable space.
  There are a couple ways to do that depending on what you want to do,
but here's some of the code I use in a tool palette I have open during
development onto which I drop LC files to open them (more convenient
then using File->Open, and I often have multiple LC instances open so
this helps ensure which one gets the file):

on dragEnter
    put the dragData["files"] into tFiles
    if tFiles is not empty then
       set the dragAction to "link"