Faster way to get tabStops?

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Thu Feb 19 03:47:02 EST 2015

Hi Dan,

I ran into the same problem and figured that acessing the field and ask for
formattedWidth is slow.

So I tried to minimize that.

I took each tab delimited item an stuffed it into an array. For each column
one key.

You end up with each key holding the data of one column worth of data

Then I put that column into a field that has the same properties as the
original field and get the formattedWidth. This tells me the space I need to
set the tabstops.

That way I only access the field column times. This speeds up the whole
process tremendously.

To see it in action you can have a look:
http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/ANN-modified-Table-Field-0-2-9-td4683338.html#a4683384
watch for line breaks.

look at the script of field "fData" handler mtfAdjustToWidthOfContent.

Kind regards

Bernd