Stream Video in LC Player

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Feb 13 15:08:09 EST 2015

Well sometimes it helps to be "ignorant" as then you continue to hack
away madly hoping something will work...

I did see those forum posts, but it lookeda bit fragile to me and the
time out problem is an issue, since some of these links might want to be
"evergreen, archive" content.

Also, meanwhile, an attempt to stream directly from our own server in LC
Player object failed miserably. Odd... as this used to work years ago in
very old versions of Rev player objects "back in the day" (early 2003-4)

But now, the Same URL to an mp4 (on our server in SF) plays fine in a
browser... but stutters and hangs when used in a player object.  perhaps
I need to set some other attributes for it to work?  Why can Firefox run
it smoothly but not LC?

I thought a direct link to a YouTube video would probably be just as bad.

So... back to webkit...

We are embedding Youtube in our site with iFrame..

Google recommends an iframe and we use this:

<frame  width="629"height="384"
src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IbE0pEQUi4k  <view-source:http://www.youtube.com/embed/IbE0pEQUi4k>"
frameborder="0"
style="float: left;"
allowfullscreen>

/iframe

So if you create a browser instance and set the URL to:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/IbE0pEQUi4k  <view-source:http://www.youtube.com/embed/IbE0pEQUi4k>

It runs just fine inside LC.

challenge solved... Hopefully this holds up on mobile.

caveat: if the video starts up in a browser instance with the
phone/tablet held in portrait orientation and then the user turns
sideways (typical behavior for video/slideshow viewing...)  having the
rect smoothly change without stopping the video and without having to
re-instantiate the browser object may be an interesting "mobile task"

This is a lot more fun than server side coding.

I think I need to go over and get immersed in the forums -- they are
really active!

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery