More Unicode STuff

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Feb 13 13:23:32 EST 2015

Thanks Kay. I tried looking at the db with the Firefox SQLite Manager
plugin and sure enough it doesn't display correctly.  In this case, the
accented characters simply aren't there.

I went back and imported the data again, this time encoding the data as
UTF8.  Now it displays correctly in both SQLiteAdmin (with decoding) and in
the Firefox plugin.

My brain is too fried to figure out why this should be so my plan is to
just always encode/decode stuff when importing/displaying.