Photo Zoomer

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Feb 9 15:40:38 EST 2015

Does anyone have scripts for zooming in and out on a photo?  I got
animationEngine, but I don't see anything there that will help me.  I'm
hoping it can be fairly smooth.

Use case: high quality "political world map" (includes states/cities)
zoom in on specific countries, even states.

the "Functional Spec" would go something like this:

a) preset  percentage to scale up with a nice smooth magnification
action over time (that's why I was hoping to use animation engine as
Malte has the "easing" thing wired", then click to shrink down to the
original.

b) the "magnification" UX would  shift the center of the view to the
center of the card for the scaled up part.  And "back down" moves the
image to it's original location.

c) once the above is working then we can also pass a percentage from a
pull down (depends on context whether we want a fixed amt or offer a
menu of enlargement choices first.

Now... I could build this myself, but I thought why reinvent the
wheel... has anyone else done anything along these lines? If not all the
above requirements, at least the zoom in and out part?

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery
www.HimalayanAcademy.com