Confusion about making 64 bit binaries for submission

sebastien sebastien.nouat at livecode.com
Tue Feb 3 05:49:55 EST 2015

On 03/02/2015 09:44, Mark Wilcox wrote:
>> OK so I am trying to submit a new iOS app and of course it needs to be 64
>> bit now. So I prepared the standalone with 7.0.2 RC 1 but ran into all
>> sorts of minimum OS compatibility issues with the app loader in Xcode.
>> Waited and then tried again with 7.0.2 RC 2 but it now doesn't seem to
>> generate a 64 bit binary - at least that is what app loader says.
>>
>> Any ideas? Is it me?
> Which version of Xcode are you using? As far as I know, if you're using
> LiveCode 7.0.2 and Xcode 6.1 upwards then you can't not try to build for
> the 64-bit architecture as part of your binary.
>
> There's a neat little command line tool called lipo which lets you see
> which architectures are included in your binary if you want to double
> check.

The change made to the building script to include 64-bit compilation of
the iOS engines in LC 7.0.2-rc-1 had not not been committed, and we
built LC 7.0.2-rc-2 from another machine. Hence the iOS engines in LC
7.0.2-rc-2 do not have the 64-bit architecture (which we realised too late).

Also, we are aware of the minimal system version issue, and are
currently in the process of fixing it.

--
Sébastien Nouat
LiveCode Development Team