Convert transparent PNG on import?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Feb 2 15:15:03 EST 2015

That’s an interesting idea, but I don’t think it will work in many cases because the translucent portions of an image still need to be blended against something.  Just removing the alphaData gets rid of the blending, and for example, will make the soft edge of a an antialiased curve jagged.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design