Building apps for iOS 7?

Mark Wilcox mark at sorcery-ltd.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 10:20:48 EST 2015

Just as a general FYI - you can create a minimal app skeleton with the
wizard in Xcode and check how far back through versions it'll let you
build. You can almost always go a couple of major versions back. So,
although the latest Xcode comes with the 8.1 SDK you can set the
deployment target as far back as 6.0. If it won't work there's some
other reason, not the Xcode update. Provisioning profiles is a common
cause. It might be nice if the LiveCode standalone builder had a little
more intelligence built-in there, rather than allowing me to select
anything back to 4.3.

Unless you're not building for the App Store it's a bit of lost cause
trying to support older versions than the latest official SDK allows -
Apple always come up with some new submission requirement that means you
need to use the new SDK sooner or later.

--
  Mark Wilcox
  mark at sorcery-ltd.co.uk