TOO Bizarre Re: More questions regarding Server oddities

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Sat Dec 26 01:24:50 EST 2015

Ok, without touching a thing in the script/.irev file, it is NOW
once again correctly retrieving the file from On-rev's sage
server using

put URL "http://pba.on-rev.com/ynh5list_UTF8.txt" into vlist

But it is still not retrieving the file from our Japan-based web
host. (.irev web page file still on On-Rev, of course. Data file
only on another server.)

So, logically, the problem must be some kind of server connection
problem??

Which argues for continuing to use Lyn & Mike's direct access
method... no http involved.

But it makes no sense to me. It is this kind of thing that has my
love-hate relationship with computers tilting towards hate! What
other industry gets away with selling us a product the
inexplicably stops working, then starts working again? If my
refrigerator did that, I'd dump it back on GE's doorstep and get
my money back. :-)

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan