More questions regarding Server oddities

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Dec 25 14:13:34 EST 2015

Mike (and Lyn),

I think you both missed the point about Tim's original problem :
    his page works with the OLD rev Server, and fails with the latest LC
server (6.6.2)

So while I agree that it is probably better to not pursue issues in old
versions, I don't think Tim has much choice, unless someone can come up
with some suggestions on the original issue. Unfortunately the original
scripts

http://www.pba.on-rev.com/5_today.lc
http://www.pba.on-rev.com/5_today.irev

have been modified, so the problem is not so obvious. However it can
still be seen - they do both have a 'title' directive which demonstrates
the problem - the .irev shows (for me) decent looking (AFAIK :-)
Japanese characters, while the .lc one doesn't.

Note that both have the same
the problem is not related to the charset set in HTML, it's a problem
with the characters which are being generated.

Tim - could you maybe post the text of the script(s) so we can play with
them independently.

Thanks
-- Alex.