Stacks Losing their Size and Location

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Dec 16 18:01:10 EST 2015

Speaking of which, I have been having a problem for some time now. I have two monitors. I usually run LC on the large monitor, but if I have to leave for a job, I disaonnect the external large monitor after which everything rearranges itself on the laptop monitor. All well and good.

But then I open the laptop up when I get to the job and all windows, and I mean ALL WINDOWS in LC are unresponsive! At first I thought LC was crashing... until I tried to move a window. After moving that window (which was bumped up to the top of the monitor now that it shifted) that window became responsive again.

If I then close the laptop window, come back to work, hook up the external moitor again and open a stack that had been open before when just using the laptop monitor, the location of the new window is partially off screen! That means the title bar is not accessible, and therefore not draggable.

To work around this, I have had to write routines to check if the top left, toplight,bottomleft and bottomright are within the screen rect, and if not I reposition the window to a specific location.

So there's that.

Bob S