Improving the LiveCode release notes

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Dec 15 13:48:20 EST 2015

On 2015-12-15 18:22, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On December 15, 2015 11:33:31 AM CST, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Going back to the search issue, I'd be willing to spend some time
>> creating
>> a database and an LC app to query, sort and extract.  Creating the DB
>> and
>> the app won't be difficult, populating the db will be the hard part
>> since I
>> think everything is in pdf format.
> That would be great. Maybe the team could give you the original
> documents before they were made into PDFs?

All of the inputs for the release notes are in the git repositories.
There's also a LiveCode Script stack that does all the processing,
starting from Markdown snippets, and ending up with the final Markdown,
HTML and PDF release note documents.

Ideally, the information about in which release each piece of LiveCode
Script syntax was last updated should actually just be in the dictionary
entry itself and should be searchable through the dictionary interface.

                                Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team