WMVCore.dll?

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed Dec 2 06:30:51 EST 2015

Hi all,

I got a strange report from a customer that a LiveCode application can not start due to a missing WMVCore.dll
Quick google search brought up that other applications may have the same issue if a Media Pack is not installed. However my app does not even use a player, so

1) why the dependency?
2) when was this introduced? (7.0.6 did not expose this, but 7.1 did)
3) can this be either documented or be an option in the standalone builder, so it is not required if no Media like audio or movies are used?

All the best,

Malte