Documentation [was: Re: v8 DP3]

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Aug 31 01:45:56 EDT 2015

On 08/28/2015 02:32 AM, Richmond wrote:
> Or, put another way; will Atom work as a Git GUI?
>
> I am downloading a selection of Linux Git GUIs which all look far more
> primitive than Atom . . .

Not sure what you mean by 'Git GUI'...

If you want to use <YourEditorHere> as a text editor for gui, then by
all means do so. If you also want to use that for git commit messages,
etc, then

git config --global core.editor YourEditorHere

will make that the default editor.

If you want a gui to work with git... um... I'm not sure what to
suggest. If you want something like gitk then you should probably use
gitk (or gitx on osx, or tig). Atom's a text editor. Or at least that's
all I've ever used it for. Maybe there's more there.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com