screen readers

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Aug 26 16:14:04 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, August 26, 2015, Phil Davis <revdev at pdslabs.net> wrote:

> I see there are some related comments in the Forums. Looks like I'm not
> alone.
> Phil
>
> On 8/26/15 12:04 PM, Phil Davis wrote:
>
>> Has anyone been able to make desktop stacks work with screen readers? I'm
>> experimenting with the Mac's VoiceOver utility (included with OS X), and VO
>> doesn't know how to interact with a stack - it identifies the window as
>> "unknown" and doesn't allow you to interact with its elements/objects.
>>
>> Thanks for any tips or insights you can share any tips from your
>> experience.

I don't know if you saw this thread which discusses a possible solution:

I haven't ever set aside time to create a list of properties for the
accessibilityInfo array which Mark Waddingham mentions. Given the workload
that the team has I'm guessing this would need to be a community project or
someone would have to use some Business credits to get it done anytime
soon.

For me it is one of those things that I would like to have but isn't
absolutely necessary. That means it sits in that little bin In my
brain marked "Maybe someday...".

--
Trevor DeVore