Script Editor future (was Open Source Kickstarter Report Card)

RunRevPlanet feed at smpcsupport.com
Mon Aug 24 08:40:04 EDT 2015

Charles Warwick said:

 > I am happy to submit the changes to the
 > git repository if it is of any interest
 > to the LC team.

Not the bookmarks I am hoping for, but a handler filter is definitely a great
feature to have.

Please do submit your work.

Kay C Lan said:

 > I don't care if the LC Script Editor in Linux
 > is exactly the same as the SE experience on
 > OS X. Why should it matter? The SE experience
 > in Linux should be a Linux experience, in Win
 > it should be a Win experience, in OS X an
 > OS X experience.

I care because when typing code, I don't want to have to think about what
machine I am using and adjust my fingers to suits. For end user software, sure,
give them the full OS experience they expect, but as a developer using a cross
platform tool I don't expect the environment to needlessly slow me down when I
switch machines and OS during the day, or week.

J. Landman Gay said:

 > get the clipboardData
 > replace "oldvar" with "newVar" in it
 > set the clipboardData to it

 > You can right-click on any called handler
 > name and choose "Go to definition" in
 > the contextual menu.

Nice tips, but still too many mouse clicks for what should be simple actions
built-in actions, but I will remember them for when appropriate, thanks.
--
Scott McDonald
"Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"