Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:28:05 EDT 2015

On Aug 20, 2015, at 11:49 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Ali Lloyd wrote:
>> I doubt we will be writing a whole new script editor from scratch in one
>> go.
>
> Wise, for all the reasons Joel talks about here (good link, Scott):
> <http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000069.html>

This is why I'm still using LC 5.5 and my practice management stack, with over 38,000 lines of script and 48 substacks. I've been developing it for 24 years (in HC then LC). Much of the scripting is a bit kludgy and I wince at some of the code I wrote when I had less experience, but I have refrained from cleaning things up (mostly) because it just plain works. And I can't afford to have it stop working, since my livelihood depends on it.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig