Importing UTF-8 files

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 18 17:32:02 EDT 2015

On 8/18/2015 3:50 PM, Brahmanathaswami wrote:

> So I extracted this for my own ref
>
> http://dev.himalayanacademy.com/stacks/705-Release-Unicode-Notes.pdf

Thanks for that. As Monte said, it turns out "file" works, but I didn't
expect it because the entry for textDecode talks about binary files. If
the dictionary user notes still worked I'd add a comment about that. It
seems the LC team is ahead of me and has made "open file" and url
("file:") compatible with unicode text. I should have known.

I read the change notes when they first came out but obviously I forgot
a bunch of it. I'll read your link.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com