Open Source Kickstarter Report Card (Updated)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 18 00:51:26 EDT 2015

Peter W A Wood wrote:

 > I interpreted this clause from the latest Windows Store App Developer
 > Agreement, to mean that GPL software cannot be sold via the App Store:
 >
 > d.	FOSS Software. If your App includes FOSS, (i) you are
 > responsible for compliance with all applicable FOSS license terms,
 > including any source code availability requirements, and (ii) it must
 > not cause any non-FOSS Microsoft software to become subject to the
 > terms of any FOSS license.
 > I could well be wrong though.

Seems very accepting of FOSS.  I can't imagine anyone would try to
distribute something that places restrictions on the OS vendor.

I haven't spent much time looking, but I haven't heard any objections
from the Free Software Foundation, and they're usually quite vocal about
such things.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems