Kickstarter 2013 Revisited

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Mon May 11 15:08:29 EDT 2015

I was really proud of the US inventions until I saw this.
1964 8-track cartridge

Stereo 8, commonly known as the eight-track cartridge or eight-track, is a magnetic tape sound recording technology. In 1964, William Lear invented the eight-track, which went on to become the most popular musical medium from the mid-1960s to the early 1980s.

I actually had a quadraphonic 8 track in my car that used 2 music tracks of 4 channels each. This allowed for 1 album side per music track. Yanking the front wheels off the ground in my 1969 Fairlane while listening to Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon in quadraphonic is a memory for the ages. Side stepping the clutch and looking at the sky just as the song Time kicked in was always a thrill.

"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun." Pick Floyd (only song on the album credited to all 4 members)

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net