Open Source Kickstarter Report Card (Updated)

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 22:12:52 EDT 2015

I have updated my KickStarter report card thanks to the information about the new player for Windows being planned for LiveCode 8.0 that Tom Bodine kindly provided.

As I understand, the phrase “new visual editor” refers to the new IDE.

LIVECODE KICKSTARTER REPORT CARD

The first thing to note is that all the Kickstarter rewards have been delivered.

There seems to have been three major deliverables promised in the main campaign:

Deliverable						Status
Re-engineer the whole platform			Completed
A new technology: “Open Language”		Early alpha of the pre-requisite LiveCode Builder released (LiveCode 8.0)
								Open Language will be in a release after LiveCode 8.0
A new visual editor					Early alpha released (LiveCode 8.0)

There were a number of deliverables promised through stretch goals which were met:

Deliverable						Status
Resolution Independence				Completed
Pluggable Themes					Pluggable Themes will be in a release after LiveCode 8.0
Cocoa							Completed
Physics Engine						Physics Engine will be in a release after LiveCode 8.0
Windows/Phone 8 Theme				Windows/Phone 8 Theme will be in a release after LiveCode 8.0
Vector Shape Object					Vector Shape Object will be in a release after LiveCode 8.0
Reworked Multimedia Support
	New Player					Completed on OS X. Windows in release LiveCode 8.0. Linux ???
	Multi Channel Sound				OS X : Linux : Windows ???
	Sound Recording				???
New Browser Control					OS X, Windows completed. Linux with LiveCode 8.0

I’d appreciate if somebody could let me know the status of the items about which I’m unclear and any mistakes I have made.

Regards

Peter