Curl from shell

Marty Knapp martyknappster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:04:43 EDT 2015

I'm trying to call curl from a shell command from within LC to get info
from a website via their API and am getting a "could not resolve host"
error. I can successfully run curl from the terminal (on Mac). This is
totally new territory for me, so I have almost no idea of what I'm
doing! I'm using LC 6.6.5 if that makes any difference.

Here's the curl statement I'm using (formatted per the website's API):

curl -H "Accept: text/xml"
https://API_KEY:API_SECRET@www.thewebsite.com/api/v1/data

Works fine in Terminal. Note that it is using https if that matters.

Thanks for any help,
Marty