mySQL: PHP or direct access?

Todd Fabacher tfabacher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 14:28:16 EDT 2015

I have used SQLite on a database server, but it has it's limitations. mySQL
is the way to go for a long term solution. It is actually MUCH better when
you start to go over everything that is needed for a true web server such
as backup, load balance, multi user transactions and a VERY long list.

We do use LC Server + revIgniter to create a great middleware REST API to
our database. We host it on both the LC servers and and hostM
https://www.hostm.com/livecode-hosting.m

We have not released it to open source yet, but we are working on a
multi-user LiveCode database sync tool that will sync between a local
SQLite DB and a web server DB. There are a few limitations like not using
auto-counters as PrimaryKeys, you will have to use UUIDs which is better
anyway.

We are a few months away, but early stages look VERY good. If you are
interested, email me and I will see if I can help you.

--Todd Fabacher