Jane Austen's peculiarity

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 12:32:40 EDT 2015

On 09/08/15 19:21, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
>> Now, if you happen to know of a list of English intransitive verbs .
>> . . .
>
> <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:English_intransitive_verbs>

Yes: I looked there: but I am a lazy toad, and the thought of typing all
those words into a field makes me want to go and work
as a pole dancer!

So, all you Use-List users who, for some funny reason (!!!), cannot
stomach the idea of Richmond as a pole-dancer in an erotic
bar near you, you know what you have to do: get typing :)

> There's also WordNet, but while it does include word sense I don't
> recall if it gets as specific as to the type of verb.  Besides, it's
> even more cumbersome to parse than sraping those Wikipedia pages, so
> hopefully those will be helpful.

"scraping" is, indeed, the word.

I was, perhaps rather naively, hoping that some hard-working person
somewhere had already assembled
a nice, tidy, text file of intransitive verb forms . . .

Richmond.