Repeat ... kind'a

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 15:34:11 EDT 2015

I would cringe if I saw someone using a reserved word as a variable, and blanch if that word was as deep and embedded as "true". You are lucky the machine did not explode.

Try this:

on mouseUp
   --put "66" into true -- uncomment, and you will get a compile-time error, never mind run-time
   if true = true then  -- Runtime error here !!!
      exit repeat
   end if
end mouseUp

Don't. Just don't.

Craig Newman

on testOOPS
   put 1 into t1  -- Superfluous for
testing purposes
   put 2 into t2  -- Superfluous for testing purposes
   if
true = true then  -- Runtime error here !!!
      exit repeat
   end if
  put 3
into t3  -- Superfluous for testing purposes
end testOOPS