Does Version 7.0.4 work with Xcode 6.3.1?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 25 12:20:00 EDT 2015

Mark Waddingham wrote:

 > Not yet no - if you've auto updated to Xcode 6.3 then you can still
 > download Xcode 6.2 from the apple devcenter and continue to use that.
 >
 > The 6.7.5-rc-1 and 7.0.5-rc-1 builds we have done have exhibited
 > issues at the final stage of testing and so aren't quite ready for
 > release - we're trying to get them out of the door as quickly as
 > possible.

It seems that every time Apple updates Xcode it breaks LC, requiring the
team to set aside other work and rush another build out for that one OS.
  Many of the 7.0.x/6.7.x builds seem to fall into that category, and
those of us waiting for resolution on issues for other platforms find
this as frustrating as I'm sure the team does.

Working with Android is smooth as silk by comparison, rarely requiring
any updates at all.

What is it that makes the relationship between LC and Xcode so brittle
that it requires revision with every Xcode update?

Is there anything that can be done to anticipate and work around what
appears to be a disregard for backward compatibility in Xcode?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems