Why can't LC do what PencilCase does?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 04:39:13 EDT 2015

On 14/04/15 18:17, Geoff Canyon wrote:
> PencilCase <http://www.pencilcase.io> has a player app on iOS
> <http://appstore.com/pencilcaseplayer> so you can:
>
> 1. Design your app on a Mac
> 2. Upload it to their system and get a code
> 3. Give that code to anyone
> 4. Anyone can install the PencilCase iOS app
> 5. Anyone can put in your code to run your app immediately.
>
> If they can do it, shouldn't LC be able to as well? Or is there something
> I'm not thinking of?

A few questions:

1.  "upload it to their system": well, who are 'they'?

2. "Anyone can install the PencilCase iOS app": really? I'll try on my
G3 iMac running Mac OS 9.

2.1. "Anyone can install the PencilCase iOS app": really? I'll try on my
iPad 1.

Your "anyone" is about as good as Marie Antoinette's "Let them eat cake".

WHY should LC be able to do "that:? The whole thing looks awfully
restrictive
and end-users (apart from being dependent on a iPad) need to install
PencilCase.

Now LC can distribute STANDALONES to all sorts of platforms.

To my mind LC looks like a better bet.

Richmond.