copying from password protected substacks

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:50:00 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com>
wrote:

> There shouldn't be anything infuriating about it.
>
> You have a password protected stack.  You set the passkey of that stack to
> your password value.  You should then be able to access/copy objects from
> that stack.

but that doesn't seem to be the case for me.

on mouseUp
   answer "in the button scrpt" & cr & exists (stack "rawForms")
   set the passkey of stack "rawForms" to "blahBlahBlah"
   answer the result
   send "yeehaw2" to stack "rawForms"
   answer "yeehaw2 sent"
end mouseUp

 the first answer confirms "true" for the existence.

THe next line causes "
an error occurred on line 0

558,0,0,<password>
535,3,1
241,3,1, mouseup
353,0,0,<long name of button>

> The passkey stays in effect for the current editing session.  When you
> close stack (or otherwise remove it from memory), your stack contents
> should not be accessible the next time you open stack.  Passkey is
> temporary, password is persistent.

I'm only setting the password itself in the Standalone Application Settings
window, if that matters, so the problem ony happens once I make a standaone.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462