Lest anyone else go mad

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 10 21:43:04 EDT 2015

I wasted an afternoon going crazy, so to spare anyone else the pain:

If you do not include an (unspecified) number of icons when building an
iOS app, the app will not install. If you try it with my AirLaunch
utility via Dropbox, Dropbox will ask if you want to install, try to
install, and then tell you it doesn't work "with this kind of file."

If you try to install via XCode, it will tell you that the entitlements
in your profile do not match those in the app.

I spent half a day trying to figure out why my "entitlements", none of
which I have ever signed up for, were incorrect. Which of course they
weren't. Ah, Apple.

I was just trying to see if my Android app would build for iOS and I
only assigned one iPad icon. Apparently that's not good enough. I don't
know what is, I ended up putting them all in.

Do not follow me. To take this path is madness.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com