LiveNode Server

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Sun Apr 5 07:39:17 EDT 2015

Ok - so the key sentance there is - "We can't fork in revolution". So what
does that mean? What is so special about Livecode that it can't do this?
It's not multi-threading - it's something.... ?

My thinking is that what we need is to be able to have some existing
monitoring service keep a pool of LiveNode servers up and running - in a
way in which you can configure the number of servers you need. Then you
need a Node load balancing server / broker thing passing off messages
asynchronously to a LiveNode server and immediately returning control to
the user. only when all the LiveNode servers were used up - would a cue
kick into action?

This is all standard server / inter-application messaging stuff no? What
prevents us doing that in Livecode?