Android local notifications

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 3 13:11:20 EDT 2015

On 4/3/2015 1:41 AM, Mark Wilcox wrote:
> Android can delay notifications for power saving reasons. As I
> understand it the more there are from one app and the less the user
> interacts with them, the more likely they are to be delayed.
>
> I think to do what you want more reliably you'd need to use
> background processing (wake up every 30 seconds, clear the current
> notification and replace with a new one) and I don't think LiveCode
> enables you to that yet.

Thank you, that explains some things. I suspect what I really need are
alarms, but we don't have those. Or maybe the ability to assign a
priority to a notification would help.

I've sort of given up on background processing, at least for now. It
doesn't look like we'll be able to do that with the current engine.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com