Is Binfile broken?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Sep 30 15:49:20 EDT 2014

For creation of a folder the sys error() returned 0. Following is the actual handler in full.

on syncFiles theSourceFiles, theDestFiles
   if the last char of theDestPath is "/" then delete the last char of theDestPath
   set the itemDelimiter to "/"

   repeat for each line theSourceFile in theSourceFiles
      put theSourceFile into theDestFile
      replace theSourcePath with theDestPath in theDestFile

      if not there is a file theDestFile then
         open file theSourceFile for binary read
         put the result into theError
         read from file theSourceFile until eof
         close file theSourceFile
         put it into theSourceData

         put item 1 to -2 of theDestFile & "/" into theCurrentPath
         if not there is a folder theCurrentPath then
            create folder theCurrentPath
            put the result into theError

            if theError is not empty then
               put syserror()
               answer error "Cannot create directory. Check permissions." as sheet
               close file theSourceFile
               exit syncFiles
            end if
         end if

         open file theDestFile for binary write
         put the result into theError

         if theError is not empty then
            put syserror()
            answer error "Cannot write to this directory. Check the file path and permissions." as sheet
            close file theDestFile
            exit syncFiles
         end if

         write theSourceData to file theDestFile