File Walker

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 30 11:44:39 EDT 2014

Kay C Lan wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>> I would encourage you to file a bug report on that.
>>
>> Even if there turns out to be a good explanation, it needs to be
>> documented.
>
> Are you indicating that you are or aren't seeing the same thing on
> Linux.

No, I was suggesting that it would be helpful to file a bug report.  Any
time we see differences between call a shell function within LC and
using the same shell call in Terminal, IMO it warrants either
explanation or repair.

At the time I wrote that I hadn't tested it, but I just did a quick test
in Linux.

In Terminal I dumped it to a file so I could get the line count in LC,
and ran your LC script directly in LC.

LC shell call:   113079 lines
Terminal output: 113041 lines

Not sure why they're different, and I haven't yet bothered to diff them
to see where the differences lie, but it seems at least worth noting in
the docs that there may be permission differences or other factors which
can yield difference results when using the shell function in LC.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems