Delete columns... How?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Sep 29 12:14:38 EDT 2014

Might just be simpler to put the data into a memory based sqLite table, then delete the column and put the data back into a string list. But of course that begs the question, why are you not using arrays and sql tables in the first place? I’ve pointed out before that the array retuned in Trevor DeVore’s sqlYoga is a numerically indexed array that a data grid’s data can be directly set to. They are identical in structure, making it very simple to display table data in a data grid.

That being said, extra data in a data set doesn’t really hurt anything. I get all the columns in my SQL queries, and then set my data grid to only have the columns I want displayed. Now I have a ready made local instance of all my data which I can access without additional queries. It’s not efficient I admit, especially with a lot of data, or data containing large amounts of binary data in blobs, but if I were doing that I would adapt accordingly.

Bob S