HTTPProyy

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Sep 27 15:12:26 EDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Mats Åström <matsastrom at yahoo.se> wrote:

> having read up on, and tried, most posts with suggestions on how to make
> LiveCode access the web through a proxy, I'm in a cul-de-sac.
>
> It works fine (POST-ing a SOAP web service) without going through a proxy.
> Although I get "error timeout" when HTTPProxy is set to my clients proxy
> server IP or DNS.
>
> Maybe I did not search the posts thoroughly enough and missed something
> obvious (the LiveCode posts and community are both the reason I am still in
> business…)
>
> Has anyone managed to go through a proxy?

LiveCode added support for more proxy setups in 6.7 and 7.0 (WPAD
detection, PAC file support, etc.). Prior to that you were on your own to
figure something out and LiveCode wouldn't work with https:// urls through
a proxy. I do make a modified libURL available with the GLX Application
Framework which works but some of the required scripts are part of the
framework itself.

6.7 or 7.0 will work for you in most cases. One where it won't is where the
network requires NTLM authentication to connect to the proxy server. You
need an external in order for that to work. I made a library available at
the RunRevLive conference this year that handles NTLM authentication and
provides a username/password dialog for proxies that require it. The
library uses an external that the guys at Altuit graciously made available
years ago.

Which version are you using and do you have the option of trying out 6.7 or
6.0?

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps