Writing ID3 Tags to files

Brahmanathswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Sep 13 22:04:53 EDT 2014

If you open any [*.aif, *.mp3,] file in iTunes, you go to the " info"
tab and enter ID3 tags (artist, album, track, genre, year, etc)  then
when you switch to a different song you can see in the finder that the
file is updated as the ID3 tags were written and saved transparently.
Modification date changes today when you just added the info.

  In  Audacity or Audition you can enter these on save (audacity) or as
metadata which is saved on save (audition)

I would like to be able to write these from inside LiveCode,  using
scripts I would trigger changes in the Track Title, album, artist and
genre etc, while traversing directories/repositories filled with these
*.mp3 files. I have so 1000 plus files to add ID3 tags to and I'm not
looking forward to doing that by hand!

Since this is an in house production app, I'm opening to using LiveCode
to drive externals like

a) applescript
b) shell commands that drive some low-level nix tool?

Before I dive into further R & D I thought I would ask here.

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery
www.HimalayanAcademy.com