The Bearer Of Bad News

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Oct 24 23:35:12 EDT 2014

Colin-

> I understand how the folder synching works, but in my case I have
> a 750 GB SSD that may well have many gigabytes of stuff that I don’t
> want to lose. Having that backed up to an external 2TB drive every
> hour gives me some security.

Um. Right. I wouldn't suggest throwing *everything* into a Dropbox
folder, but I put anything I'm currently working on into Dropbox and
it transparently makes backup copies for me. They're there when I
need them. Afterwards I move them out of Dropbox for archiving.

And this completely outside of any other backup strategy. I use (and
hate) time machine, and I rsync my linux box to my NAS.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.