lock screen question and detect field question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 12 22:58:33 EDT 2014

On 10/12/2014, 9:05 PM, larry at significantplanet.org wrote:
> 1) I have a program where I'm creating and deleting fields.  If I try
> to delete a field that hasn't yet been created, I get a script error.
> So is there a way to first find out if the field exists?

Did you look up "exists" in the dictionary? That also refers you to
"there is" operator in the "see also" section.

> 2) Other than creating a substack to overlay my main stack with a
> way to lock the screen (so the user doesn't see the fields being
> created) and still show a field with the "Loading..." going on?

If you lock messages as well as locking the screen, you probably won't
need to show a loading dialog. The display and update of the dialog is
likely to take longer than just creating the fields. I can create 500
fields in under 2 milliseconds.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com