AW: AW: AW: Codesigning standalones for Mac OS 10.9.5

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sat Oct 11 08:47:53 EDT 2014

On 10/11/2014 6:34 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> Hello Paul,
> The thing with signing on 10.8 and downloading again on 10.8. with this
> message sounds really weired. Could it be by chance, that your certificate
> is expired?
> Just a guess
> Tiemo

Nope. Unfortunately, the "Security Update 2014-004 1.0" software update
for Mountain Lion 10.8.5 effectively applies the same signing framework
change as the 10.9.5 updated does to Mavericks. Versions of Mountain
Lion which have not applied the Security Update 2014-004 1.0 update
recognize our signed apps just fine (as does any Lion or Snow Leapard
system with security set to "Mac App Store and Identified Developers".
Versions of Mavericks at 10.9.4 or earlier also recognize our signed
apps fine.

However, Mountain Lion with the "Security Update 2014-004 1.0" update
(the most recent sw update for Mtn Lion) and Mavericks with the 10.9.5
update do not.

How I dislike Apple's totalitarian style of doing things!

Be warned folks - if you have signed apps, Mtn Lion and Mavericks users
who apply Apple updates as soon as they are notified will likely find
that your signed apps are no longer recognized as from an identified
developer when downloaded.