Getting a list of object properties

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Thu Oct 9 16:09:05 EDT 2014

Craig:
Yes, I’d like a list of the properties of an object. Of course, the first thing I needed to understand with the “slider” object is that it is called a “scrollbar” which is shown in the property inspector. Wouldn’t it be great for newbies to have a tab in the object inspector that listed all of the settable property names and messages? Yes, some are shown in the BvG Docu 2 app, but it’s incomplete.

I got a bit further. Then I tried to set the scroll, then found a reference to the scrollbardrag message in the docs. My question was intended to make my future investigations of poorly documented objects a bit easier.

I know there is work being done on the documents and this period of rapid upgrading and adding of features is going to be a bit chaotic, but so many of the users on this list have been using LC for a long time and info on what hurdles newbies face can be useful for folks creating the learning materials.

If I do:
put the properties of scrollbar “axisEntry"
I don’t get anything in the message box. LC7.0 rC2, Mavericks.

Bill