Is this a bug or am I missing something?

John john at onechip.com
Thu Oct 9 02:02:26 EDT 2014

Mark,

   Thanks for the clarification but if you have the patients to explain a bit further it would be appreciated.  When the sub stack field has the focus, the “long name of the focused object” refers to a card of the main stack (at least there is no reference to a sub stack).  For the first line I get:

card id 1002 of stack "/Users/john/Downloads/Test stack.livecode"

   The "focused object" refers to a field on a card of the sub stack which is part of the stack.  For the second line I get:

field id 1004 of card id 1002 of stack "Sub Stack" of stack "/Users/john/Downloads/Test stack.livecode”

In this case the field, the sub stack, and the stack are referred to.  The “long name” variant seems to strip the reference to the field and the sub stack.

  If the field on the main stack has the focus, both the first and the second lines refer to the same object in slightly different forms.  When the main stack field has the focus I get:

field "results" of card id 1002 of stack "/Users/john/Downloads/Test stack.livecode"

field id 1013 of card id 1002 of stack "/Users/john/Downloads/Test stack.livecode”

These both refer to the same field.

Thanks,
John