LiveCode startup

Mike Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 20:41:10 EDT 2014

i am trying to understand the start up sequence of livecode.   Is there any
documentation on the engine and it's architecture?

I would like to get confirmation about how I imagine it works.  I don't
know C so reading the source code is not a big help so I would appreciate
any incites.   Here is what I imagine could be going on.

1. When when you start Livecode, the engine runs, it initializes the
internal data structures and opens some fixed name stack located in the
same directory as the engine.  What is the name of that stack?

2. I am guessing that that all the standard messages are fired when this
stack is loaded.
 Are there any special ones?   Is there a list with the exact order of
these messages?

3.  Within this first stack, it loads the other stacks of the IDE as front
scripts.

4.  The IDE scripts hide any script starting with rev so we don't see them
in the IDE.

When you build a standalone of your app, the IDE builds a executable of the
engine and your main stack but it renames your main stack to the name of
that first stack in number 1 above so when you run the standalone your
stack is the first to run.

Since I am guessing at all of this, does anyone know if I am at all close?

Regards,
    Mike